• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2-302 HC as a fill point?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
Im wondering if the end tank of a 2-302 as a fill point/T line would be pratical. It would seem it would, since that part of the tank could be arranged as the very highest point on the loop, not to mention, not much air would get stuck in the res becuase the air would go into tubeing attached to the hole in the tank.

You could do it, but you would have to be careful that it doesn't leak. What I would like to find is a T that has barbs on the top and 1 side, with threaded npt on the other to use for modding the heatercore.

Ouch! gotta be tough to find one, considered removeing(some sort of massive metal removel proceedure...) the flair's on the long part of a normal T and then putting it in a die to thread the thing?

I think your best bet for a Tee is one with all pipe threads, then getting the two appropriate barbs w/threads. That being the case, why even use a weird Tee - any particular reason? A fillport usually means an *extra* hole/connection; using a Tee would be for converting a normal heatercore. Also, you don't need to have threads - a 1/2" to 3/8" reducer (copper fitting) is perfect when you drill a 1/2" hole. The small end fits down in there tightly, and the top gives you a seat for a copper fitting. I used a variation on this, but same basic concept. Thats assuming you want to even move/change the fillport, which would go against getting a core with a fillport to begin with. Better to mod the core you really want/need.

The fillport should work great for getting air out of the rad if the fillport is at the top of the tank (based on the possition it sits in your case), assuming you don't want to just tilt the case/rad a bit once in a while when bleeding.

I plan to make the corner with the fill hole THE highest point in my WC loop. Will get it that way with a slight(a few degrees tops, probably around ~3 to 5) angle on both axis. Won't be hard to do considering the heater core will be mounted in a hole dremeled into the top of my case, I just have to modify the mounting brackets to have an angle. Not to mention, won't be an eye sore because I am making a small duct to direct the air to the back of the case, although its more designed to push the sound waves away from my ears. :D

Last edited:
Back