• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TDX users look here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenocide

what accelerator plates do you guys use, i just took off my p4 top to replace with my a64 top that will be comming on saturday. what top is reccomended for my setup

tdx
big mama core
eheim 1250
T line

:beer:

i am current using #4 the one that is a little more restrictive then the standard #1 nozzle. i think u would do best with #4. the #5 nozzle with the jets is supposed to be the best if ur pump is strong enough.

i think im going to switch to #5 when i do an overhaul on my system il let u know the results when that happens

Ancient_1 said:
Here is a good article on that very question at procooling. It shows the #5 best at all flow rates.

http://www.procooling.com/reviews/html/danger_den_tdx_nozzle_tests_-_.php

Yeah I was kinda ticked off to find that article about three days after I had ordered and specified no extra plates in my order. I wasn't about to pay a mint in shipping just for a plate that would give 1c :) Oh well it's cooling fine now but I wish I knew about top dawg #4 when I had placed my order :)

I have been using the #5 on my RBX for about 6 months now and you are right on the clogging. I clean it every month and a half to two months and usually I have two of the holes plugged with a unknown black substance which I think might be paint from painting my rads. I cleaned them out and dried them before I painted but forgot to cover the barbs and think I got a little overspray in them. I am hoping that my system is pretty much cleaned out when my G4 gets here. I havnt checked it now for around 3 months and have no detectable temp increase so amybe my water is clean finally.

As far as I can tell the #5 is about 1°c cooler than the #4 and about 2° than the #1.

I ordered from DD and the plates were included with the block and didnt need to be ordered seperate.

Back