• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

aqua-computer and silverstone case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Supra6

Registered
was thinking about geting the silverstone TJ03 case.
http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj03.htm

can you guys tell me what you think about aqua-computer. i was looking at getting a dual raid full system from aqua . if somone could tell me where the duals could go and if i need to cut or drill the case at all, that would be great. just wanted to get the planning out of the way before painting. thanks for helping a noob

peace

i have that case and i have a dual heatercore mounted on the inside top. you have to cut ut some of the top 3 drive bay and it will take those up. you will also need to put 2 120mm fan holes on top. nothing major

Nice looking case. Pretty expensive though. Aqua-computer stuff is okay, but certainly not top performance, especially for the money. It'll cost you more than doing a proper watercooling setup and won't even get you comparable performance. There's no benefit to it. Get an MCP650, Dtek WhiteWater (aluminum top), and get a dual 120mm heatercore if it'll fit (2-342 or 77 Bonneville). Pick one up at Autozone for $20. If you want to save your 3.5" drive bays, mount it in the top or bottom of the case as an intake. It'll cost you a lot less and your temps will be killer. If you can get your rig an inch or two off the floor you can mount the heatercore in the bottom of your case and get great temps without taking up a lot of room inside your case. It'll also be drawing in cold air and combine it with a blowhole at the top and you'll have very good case temps (important if you don't watercool the GPU).

Dtek WhiteWater

Swiftech MCP650

120mm Sanyo Denki's

You can get 1/2" ID Tygon tubing at FrozenCPU and save on shipping since it's only a little bit cheaper at McMaster. 1/2" ID barbs for the radiator and hose clamps can be picked up at Home Depot or Lowes for a few bucks.

Aqua Computer stuff is well made and is decent but still doesn't hold up to high performance American watercooling hardware. For the money (or less) you can get a top of the line setup and better temps too.

a wave master is almost the exact same inside i believe and cost a lot less. you can save a LOT of money by doing everything your self. i would guess doing everything your self and buying localy you could easily save 30% of your costs maybe more

Back