• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte - GA-60XET value?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
rhino, that mobo is old. Any particular reason you are looking for this one? I'm having a hard time finding a used or a new one.

What's your wallet look like, I'm sure we can all have a 'meeting of the minds' and give you some recommendations. :beer:

chawks2 said:
rhino, that mobo is old. Any particular reason you are looking for this one? I'm having a hard time finding a used or a new one.

What's your wallet look like, I'm sure we can all have a 'meeting of the minds' and give you some recommendations. :beer:
same reasons people would want a gi joe or a 69 camaro i guess is why i want this particular board. that and supports tualatin. ive heard they were around 100.00 new so that gives me an idea of what to pay.

While i'm not too sure what you'd pay for one second hand I can tell you, that as an ex-Tualatin fan the GA-60XET was about the best socket 370 mobo ever made.

More overclocking options than you can poke a stick at and one of the only mobo's to have 1/5th and 1/6th pci/agp dividers with the last bios update avaliable, so your pci/agp cards run in spec at 150 and 200 mhz FSB.

The only problem with the board was that it didn't like resetting when the processor was overclocked to the limit, although this was more a problem with the 815b stepping chipset in general, it was made worse with the implementation of the duel bios. The simple fix was to peform the wire mod and 'trick' the mobo into believeing the processors default vcore was higher than normal (the 815 chipset used to try to initally boot at default vcore and up the vcore to the specs specified in the bios at the bios post screen - If your Tualatin was overclocked to the limit, requiring the upping of the vcore then it would have trouble posting at times, mostly when resetting (allmost never happened when initally powering up for some reason).

If yer a Tualatin fan and you can get the mobo for a good price - Grab it! As the X'E'T was a rare model and the only model that the 1/5th and 1/6th pci/agp dividers actually worked properly on (the GA-60XT had troubles at times).

Back