• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koss20100

Well i got some crap ram my cooling is pretty good and BUT i got some crap RAM here's me memory set up

DIMM #1

General
Memory type DDR-SDRAM
Manufacturer (ID) (0000000000000000)
Size 128 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC2300 (142 MHz)
Part number
Manufacturing date Week 00/Year 00

Attributes
Number of banks 1
Data width 64 bits
Correction None
Registered no
Buffered no

Timings table
Frequency (MHz) 133 142
CAS# 2.0 2.5
RAS# to CAS# delay 3 3
RAS# Precharge 3 3
TRAS# 6 7

DIMM #2

General
Memory type DDR-SDRAM
Manufacturer (ID) Micron Technology (2CFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Size 256 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC2100 (133 MHz)
Part number 16VDDT3264AG-265B1
Serial number 4605618B
Manufacturing date Week 03/Year 02

Attributes
Number of banks 2
Data width 64 bits
Correction None
Registered no
Buffered no

Timings table
Frequency (MHz) 100 133
CAS# 2.0 2.5
RAS# to CAS# delay 2 3
RAS# Precharge 2 3
TRAS# 5 6

DIMM #3

General
Memory type DDR-SDRAM
Manufacturer (ID) Apacer Technology (7F7A000000000000)
Size 256 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC2300 (142 MHz)
Part number
Serial number FFFFFFFF
Manufacturing date Week 255/Year 255

Attributes
Number of banks 1
Data width 64 bits
Correction None
Registered no
Buffered no

Timings table
Frequency (MHz) 133 142
CAS# 2.0 2.5
RAS# to CAS# delay 3 3
RAS# Precharge 3 3
TRAS# 6 7

Any feed back?

Last edited:
I dont think you will be able to get much out of that memory, especially having 3 mismatched sticks. I'd bet that you'd get better results with a matched pair. But, more slower ram is probably better than less faster ram, unless the less ram is lots faster.

What kind of feedback are you looking for? Where did you get this RAM and what brand is it? What's the serial number on the IC's of the memory modules?

As to whether or not you should overclock...yes. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't. They might not overclock WELL, but they'll certainly do a bit above stock. You won't know until you find out.

johan851 said:
What kind of feedback are you looking for? Where did you get this RAM and what brand is it? What's the serial number on the IC's of the memory modules?

As to whether or not you should overclock...yes. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't. They might not overclock WELL, but they'll certainly do a bit above stock. You won't know until you find out.

I took my comp to a lan party and all the 'people' their said that if I overclock it it would definitly crash and reboot on me...

When i was building my comp i did my mem last and i was fresh out of money soo i went CHEAP ..

It depends on how you overclock. If you're careful and test properly for stability, you can still have a stable system.

If that Barton in your sig is a mobile, you should be able to crank up the multiplier without having to change the FSB.

Hey, RAM is relatively cheap. You don't have to get the best RAM, just something nicec and reliable.

You've got a total of 512MB RAM there over 3 slots. Why not simply change it to 1x half decent 512MB stick of RAM.

I'm running King-Max as it is very cheap here in Australia. I can get a stick of their DDR466 TinyBGA Hard Core Series RAM for less than the cost of a stick of Corsair DDR400 Value RAM.

It will run CAS 2-3-3-5-1T just fine at DDR400, but for anything much above that you'll need to runn it at 2.5-3-3-6-1T.

Very cheap with decent performance and covered by a limited lifetime warranty. Their TSOP based modules are nowhere near as cheap though.....

Back