• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABSOLUT best p4 motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elec999

Can someone tell me the best overclocking p4 motherboard, with good memory dividers.
Possibly talk about some matx also.
Thanks

Its a toss up I think between the Abit IC7-MAX3 (if you can find it) and the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe. I only went with the 478 socket type as I am unsure about the new 915 and 925 chipsets. Not that they are not good, but they are first generation sets that I'm sure we will see many new variations in the coming year of this pci-e technology.

here's a link to a site that has good reviews, and most reviews have overclocking sections... http://www.8dimensional.com/mainboard-reviews/

Thanks for your respons
I heard that DFI lanpart p4 boards are best motherboards, can anyone confirm this.
Sorry I forgot to mention, I am not looking into 775 boards, right now.

i would say look at the sigs from people here and what is the most popular mb. if they arent a good mb then they usually go up in smoke fast around here.

elec999 said:
Thanks for your respons
I heard that DFI lanpart p4 boards are best motherboards, can anyone confirm this.
Sorry I forgot to mention, I am not looking into 775 boards, right now.

Well DFI has at least 3 775 boards. Are you wanting ddr2 or ddr1 how about pci-e or agp? Personnaly I like the DFI Lanparty 875P-T as it looks to be very promising :) It uses DDR and AGP. Check out the dfi forum Big Stan has a few post about his new setup he seems to like it very much.

malinois1 said:
Well DFI has at least 3 775 boards. Are you wanting ddr2 or ddr1 how about pci-e or agp? Personnaly I like the DFI Lanparty 875P-T as it looks to be very promising :) It uses DDR and AGP. Check out the dfi forum Big Stan has a few post about his new setup he seems to like it very much.
Thanks I looked at prices and the DFI lanparty 875p seems very pricy. Is there any other solid board with less feautures. I dont need any pcie, or ddr2. I just got some mobile celerons which are amazing overclockers. But I cant obtain a board that can reach the limits.
Thanks

Abit AI7 is a excellent board. I read your question wrong earlier I thought you wanted a 775. The AI7 is great and is what I have right now and it is only about $100

Thnak you overclocking is a must for me.
It sucks that no one makes that perfect motherboard :(

IC7 is the way to go. Second choice AI7 for its high working vdimm. P4c800 never worked well for me. ALways lower overclocks on the Asus even with droop mod.

batboy said:
Hard to beat the Abit AI7 if you are on a budget. It's feature rich and is a good overclocker.

Doesnt the AI7 also make sense if you are not on a tight budget?

If money was no object and you didnt want to or couldnt mod a board isnt it still a good choice regardless of cost?

Or are the other boards worth paying the extra for?

Maninblack said:

If money was no object and you didnt want to or couldnt mod a board isnt it still a good choice regardless of cost?

For a Northwood, the AI7 is definitely one of the better overclocking mobos regardless of price.

Also has anyone been able to find the Abit IC7-MAX3 in the US. Cause I searched for an hour and i only found sellers in Europe. Why isn't abit selling the Abit IC7-MAX3 in the US? Since I can't find the IC7-MAX3 would the IC7-G MAXII ADVANCE be a good mobo to go with. My other thought was to get a P4C800-E DELUXE or maybe the LANPARTY PRO875B. Or should i consider dropping the Socket 478 all together and go with a LGA 775 socket. It doesn't matter to me cause i am building a whole new machine and dropping my POS 2 year old dell. Any suggestions would be nice :) .

Last edited:
ABIT MAX 3 would be my vote, if we are excluding the 775 chipset. I have 2 rigs with the MAX 3 and have never had any problems. :) They OC great and are very stable.

Maninblack said:

its the 865 chipset that is the only real downside to the ai7

another vote for the Max3

never saw a board with so many (useful!!) features. 6 sata ports might seem alot but i am using 3 already and my opticals are still pata. OTES does good for the temp of the mosfets, the NB cooler is effective and silent..etc etc.

See my sig for the oc capabilities...im getting 286 FSB without any hardware mods.

if there was really an absolute best everyone would have it. each one has it's own strengths and weaknesses and unique features. I'd go with an 875p chipset board from asus or abit. but I have also heard good things about the DFI lanparty boards.

Back