• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

swiftech 6002

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamie_bkc

Does anyone know if the block itself works on any socket, it seems like you just have to change the retention clips, reason is I bought a K7 one and now I might get a K8, so ideally i'd like to only havr to change the clip, does anyone know if this can be done? and where I can get one delivered to the UK?

Swiftech replied saying that the stepped base won't cover the HIS and so although it can be done, there will be a performance toll.

i think the question really is, HOW MUCH of a performance toll will there be? Realise that it would be a small part of the heat spreader that was not covered, so i cant see there really being a big difference in temps. Perhaps if the same was true on a Vid card cooling solution, since they get so hot, there might be a noticeable difference.

Back