• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Mobo for 3.2E?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

Im looking for a new motherboard because my Asus P4C800 Dlx is dieing, its capacitors are shot which = no stability. Im looking into a new mobo and how can you resist Abit :)? Anyways, what mobo would be the best for the 3.2E. I plan to overclock / game with this mobo. Im looking into the IC7 Max 2 or Abit AI7. Do you have anymore recommendations? Thanks.

Ive heard that for the Prescott puppies to use the IC7-MAXII. The chipset can handle the heat a lot better while the AI7 and IC7-MAX3 have problems. Send a PM over to batboy he knows a lot about the pressy mobos :D Helped me out a ton!

Cerberus2k7 said:
Ive heard that for the Prescott puppies to use the IC7-MAXII. The chipset can handle the heat a lot better while the AI7 and IC7-MAX3 have problems. Send a PM over to batboy he knows a lot about the pressy mobos :D Helped me out a ton!

Batboy has had problems running high OC's with a Prescott on a AI7, due to weaker board componenets (compared to the IC7's)

The Max3 has absolutely no problems with Prescotts. This from personal experience. Actually all the IC7's handle Prescotts quite well, once a few precautions have been made (and these are NOT specific for either member of the IC7-family)

Vote for the MAX 3 or any IC7 for that matter. IS7 would be my next choice as I have not had any problems with them running P4E's.

Back