• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got Kingston HyperX pc3200 ram, are these BH5 or CH5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CordialSpam

KHX3200A/512R
99c5193 - 0789173 2.6v
ASSY IN USA CE

What is confusing now is the R next to the 512, I can't find any information on KHX3200A/512R, I even did google search..no result, there is only KHX3200A/512 avaliable. I am guessing this is CH5 tho, since it has an A

I went to the newegg page on the 512 khx3200A, the sticker on it does not have R and it is 2.5v, I've heard 2.6s are BH5? still not sure..this could be the revision of this memory.

I just joined up here because I've been searching for some information on these new HyperX models as well. I have the same thing you do, KHX3200A/512R. I peeled my heatspreaders off and this is the marking on the chips:

D3208DX1T-5R

I can't find any information anywhere about these chips and its not acting like CH-5 I've used in the past. Won't boot at CAS2 for some reason but other than that, this stuff is running great in my setup. I've got it at 240fsb 2.5-3-2-10 @ 2.8vdimm.

Have you try anything higher Erik? This thing won't boot up at any timing for me at 245 and we have same mobo, same CPU, and of coruse same ram...I've set vdimm to 2.9 (max)

What bios are you using?

So far I can run 200 at 2-3-2-5, I've tried running this at 204 and it won't boot at 2-3-2-5..or 2-3-2-7/8/10/11 but I don't see any performance changes..

Here's what I've got going so far with this stuff:

newkingston2.jpg

This is at 2.8vdimm and I'm now running the newest BIOS, 10/19.

Last edited:
I notice that if I raise my clock by using clockgen, my AGP and PCI frequency also increases, I can lower the AGP back to defult but I can't change the PCI..do I have to enable those locks somewhere?

EDIT: nvm i just figired it out i have to set AGP to 67 in bios.

Anyways I can't pass 240 at any timing and any voltage, I think I have a bad stick. I've tryied both 2T and 1T, 3-3-3-10, 3-3-2-10, and something higher than this...tried oc in bois and also tried oc with clockgen, it will work :cry: and I have my HTT set to 3x.

EDIT: ok I give up :bang head

Last edited:
Did you test both sticks individually at advertised settings in memtest? Btw did you order these from outpost or did you buy them from the actual store?

First post in weeks. Finally got on at work.

Usually the "R" in Kingston ram denotes that it is a Retail, as oppossed to OEM part.

Well, since I am at work...got to go.

I have 512MB x 1 not 2 sticks of 256, I ordered this off outpost.com and thought they would ship BH-5 but unfortunely they gave me the one with A, aka CH5 -_-

But Erik is able to do 260..whoa I can't never do that..wtf is wrong..I've tried all 3 slots..3rd slot is worst, it won't even boot at stock setting..

The HyperX BH-5 sticks will have the letters "UL" in the part number. For example, my 256 BH-5 sticks are part number KHX3200UL/256. The "UL" stands for ultr-low latency.

Okay, I am gonna have to pop my case when I get home and see what is on the label on my sticks. I know for a fact it is BH-5 (I peeked). You guys got me curious now....

Wow, sorry to hear that Cordial after I had told you they were shipping BH-5. I myself recieved 2x512 BH-5 sticks, but sold them off quickly after I found out they did no better than my 2xKHX3000/512 BH-5 sticks. Sorry bro T_T

I want to identify the DIP chips on my 512MB Kingston DDR400 ValueRAM modules. The DIPs have the markings D3208DX1T-5R but no logos or anything else.

Googling D3208DX1T-5R (or D3208DX1T) just turns up this thread which indicates Winbond CH-5. Can anybody verify that?

What about other DIPs with just G32Mx8 DDR or 32Mx8 DDR which seem to be generic specs instead of a model number.

Thanks!

No, it was never resolved. Kingston rebrands so much ram that unless it has some easily recognized physical attributes, like the Winbond dimples and metal bands on the edges, I would say that its something else...of course the question is "what else".

Back