• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Ai7 Is Coming Tomorrow!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xerotheory

Registered
OMG

YAY

What should i know before i install it?

by the way windows should just recognize everything after i install it right? just in the wrong slots and itll go through the driver setup?

oh yea and what GAT settings should i use if im going to oc?

or any other settings that you ai7 users out there are using.

Last edited:
i have the ai7 its a great board, as far as the GAT you'll probally no be able to use it when overclocking, GAT really depends on the ram if yr going for a hellashis overclock i wuold disable all GAT. Also if you are runnig a prescott i wouldnt up the vcore to much. The ai7 among other 865 boards have trouble running the prescott with hardcore overclocks. the mosfets can give the poewr need, if going with a northwood this shouldnt be of to much concern, but if you start going with high vcore the pwm temps will increase

All in all it a great board i hope it goes well for ya post some rig specs and we can help out some more

Generally, if you are changing motherboards you will have to reformat and reinstall Windows.

To start out, I would set the GAT to auto, auto, auto, disable, disable.

For other settings, check out this link. It's mainly for the IC7, but the BIOS is almost the same on the AI7.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=258345

At some point after you are up and running stable and you have all the drivers installed, you probably should update to the latest BIOS using the FlashMenu program.

gg, its a DOA

most likely something with the capacitors, going to need to rma it.

oh well, looked like a nice board.

Back