• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800gt water block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just buy a regular block and sinks for the memory, should perform just as good if not better and it will be cheaper, but I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting a block to do both.

Thanks for the replies. I previously checked out danger den's water block but when I click the link for that block, it takes me nowhere. Where can I buy one? Also where is a good place to get ramsinks?

Digital_Cowboy said:
Thanks for the replies. I previously checked out danger den's water block but when I click the link for that block, it takes me nowhere. Where can I buy one? Also where is a good place to get ramsinks?

Best waterblock for 6800 is Silverprop HL combined with the OCZ Copper BGA Heatsinks

not really. the best would still be the DD 6800. if you use the silverprop block and bga ramsinks, the ram will be passively cooled. if you use the DD 6800 block itll cool both.

i have proof of this. im using a modified DD Maze4 GPU block and my custom made ramsinks (which are passively cooled, duh). i get good overclocks from my GPU (stable up to 435) and bad overclocks with my memory (1100). when i touch the ramsinks, they are hurning hot, you cant keep your finger on it for more than 3 seconds.
IMG_0277.jpg

Look for the DD NV68 waterblock on ebay, you can get it for a lot less around there. or you can just get a regular gpu block (like the Silverprop Fusion) and sink the ram chips. i have seen another wb for the 6800, but it looks bad.

Liquid_Cooled said:
not really. the best would still be the DD 6800. if you use the silverprop block and bga ramsinks, the ram will be passively cooled. if you use the DD 6800 block itll cool both.

i have proof of this. im using a modified DD Maze4 GPU block and my custom made ramsinks (which are passively cooled, duh). i get good overclocks from my GPU (stable up to 435) and bad overclocks with my memory (1100). when i touch the ramsinks, they are hurning hot, you cant keep your finger on it for more than 3 seconds.

The 2.0ns Samsung memory isn't good much past 1.13-1.15 (maybe 1.20 if you got a good batch in your card). They really aren't a problem as ATI even puts the same memory on their cards with no heatsinks at all and it performs fine. A good copper HS is more then adequte to support the speeds it will run.

The GPU on the other hand really responds to lower temps and thus the more GPU speed you will see. We've seen speeds now in the 470-480 range on GT's with good blocks and Ultras in the 520-530 range.

I don't want to say the NV68 is a piece of junk but I think it's overpriced and overrated. It's a horrible design and not much more then a huge block of copper laying on top of your card with a primative water path through it. Why spend that type of money for it when there are better and more economical options that do the job equally if not better?

Back