• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Low and High latency gamming benches Plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OBLIVIONLORD

Im strictly looking for gamming benches. Possibly Doom3 or Cs-Source/Hl2 if anyone can provide please.

I want to compare 3-4-4-8 vs 2-2-2-5 or tighter.

Thanks

if you can hit me up with how/a doom3 bench prog i'll do it..

this ocz stuff does 2-5-2-2 @ 400 so i could do 400 at tight and 400 at loose if that helps....

I dont know how to do a doom3 bench. I think there are some flyby benches and stuff on the web. If you already know how to do Farcry benching than thats fine as well.

Last edited:
Don't have farcry.. tryed my d3 install with that timedemo same as quake kinda thing and it didnt like it :p some error came up.. guessing i need a patch or sth..

What you are asking is a little vague. What are we talking bout? What benches at what speed? Same speed as the Low Latnecy? What exactally are you trying to do?

You obviously have some sort of plan. If you would tell us what your intentions are we could help out alot more.

Example:
I am selling my low latnecy RAM for cheaper high latency. How much speed do I stand to lose?

^^ That would help us out alot more.

Im just wanting high and low latency performance benches on doom3, farcry or Cs-Source from what I already have to as tight as 2-2-2-5. Thats all. Preferably a Northy P4.

Webzta has the perfect rig for the test. He just needs to whip that Doom3 horse back into shape. LOL

I think what we're getting to is this:

Very high FSB with ram at 1:1 with loose timings
-or-
Very high FSB with ram at 5:4 with tight timings

The loose timings lag behind until around ~275FSB or so, and then it starts to equal out and even pull ahead at very high FSB's. The only problem is, even loose timings cannot get a lot of ram parts much further than 290...

On my 2.4C, I got better benchmarks overall running my ram at 1:1 at 3-7-4-4 with an FSB of 284. On my 3.0 at 3.7, I could likely get better benchmarks running at 5:4 with 2-2-2-5, except that I have no ram that would perform at those timings :)

I did a couple at stock speeds.

200x11 @2-2-2-5 D3=80.7fps

200x11 @3-4-4-8 D3=77.3

Hope that helps a little.

--Johs

If someone with an Intel could perform the same test then that would be terrific.

I heard the AMD needs the tighter timmings more so than the P4 but, its still good to see how both platforms perform in this test.

I just received some brand new hyperram that may be able to perform at 2-2-2-5... If so, I'll give you some numbers from my 3.0C rig at the fastest I can get it to run at those timings...

Z YA LTR:

Could you also post times while being overclocked? Thats if you even oc your rig. Thanks

Just look in the ati section under the doom 3 benchmark thread and my scores are there. I overclock like crazy.

--Josh

I forgot you were in there hehehe. Anyway I found your post with the benches and what settings did you do in here compared to the one listed in that forum? Last question is what were the ram timmings while oced?

1024x768x32 with 0x AA, 8x AF, Vsync disabled. High Quality.
I am getting 87.0 With the fix @ stock clock

1024x768x32 with 2x AA, 8x AF, Vsync disabled. High quality.
I am getting 76.6 With the fix @ stock clock

1024x768x32 with 4x AA, 8x AF, Vsync disabled. High quality.
I am getting 60.7 with the fix @ stock clock

AutomaticErik said:
Bring down the console and type "timedemo demo1" (without the quotes of course)

timedemo demo1 usecache

will give more consistent results. I would redo results if you haven't figured it out ;) otherwise you will always notice the more times you run it, the higher the score at the same settings.

Thats with video card clocks stock but cpu is running 11x235 and ram is at 2-3-3-6 1:1. The scores in this thread are without aa or af. But I might have ran it with 8x af. I dont remember.

--Josh

Back