• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Largest Eheim 1250 Inlet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phatty2x4

I've been looking for a larger barb inlet for my 1250(1/2" BSP) to maximize flow from my 2-342(3/4"). But i'm wondering, if the BSP is 1/2", is the largest effective inlet 1/2" ID? Cuz if i got a 3/4" OD(5/8" ID), wouldn't it just taper down to 1/2" ID since the BSP is 1/2"? Also, anyone know where to get plastic or nylon BSP fittings?

Anyone? How about removing the barb inlet adapter and fitting 3/4" ID tygon over the bare inlet?

1/2" is not the 1/2" you are thinking of. BSP is like NPT, a 1/4" female NPT pipe thread has almost the same ID as 1/2" OD barbs. A 1/2" female NPT is better suited for a much larger barb, and I think you can find one that is 3/4".

PROkillernoodle said:
1/2" is not the 1/2" you are thinking of. BSP is like NPT, a 1/4" female NPT pipe thread has almost the same ID as 1/2" OD barbs.
Was suspected, but the inlet is almost 1", then i get curious...... Is there a formula for npt/bsp = actual ID? Because i could get another front pump piece and mod it by dremel'n out the threads and make them smooth for flow and use 3/4 or 7/8" ID tubing to my HC(2-342), where i would install a brass barb, but there's i little more than 3/4" of safe drilling area.
Usplastics has everything including the tubing.

I was fiddling around with some pvc parts trying to find what the thread size is on the outside of the barb... so I could create a inlet res.

I came to the conclusion that it was approx 7/8" (thread type is a mystery to me though) which is not something you can find at most hardware stores.

Well, today i went to the hardware store and got some 3/4" ID tubing, 1" Tee, and a 3/4" barb with a cap for a fill-port(big plastic bling-bling :p ). So, i'm going to boil the hose to fit over the 1", remove the stock pump inlet barb and dremel the inlet smooth(where the threads are). I also got a 5/8" barb for the outlet, so it's about 1/2" id now. Hopefully soon i can get crackin on the project and get it DONE! :attn:

Here ya go:
1incht.jpg

1incht2.jpg

greenman100 said:
sounds like you figured it out
Well, kinda.... I'm thinking about putting a T between the WB and the RAD instead, cuz it's more out of the way and it would be easier to bleed air out(higher in loop). And that 3/4 T all the way to the top of the case w/fill port is HUGE. Tell me what ya think.

Much better:
setup.jpg

Alot less cluttered and filling/bleeding will be a cinch. Bottom hose is still 3/4" ID and all other is 1/2" ID Tygon.

Back