• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Considering WC'ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

standard

Registered
Well.. I am considering water cooling.

Why?

Not to OC (Well.. maybe alittle :p), but just rather keep noise down, it's super cool, and I like the fact that my CPU is alot cooler.

I am considering the Kingwin water cooling kit (the $100 one), but I want to hear from people first!

Would you guys recommend it, or no?

If not.. what are some other good (cheap) kits.. Or even a part list where I can build my own.

Thanks!

The Swiftech kit is best in my opinion. A little more then $100 but it's worth it. The investment your protecting is worth it.

With the fans on those radiators and the pump noise isn't water cooling just as loud as air cooling these days?

My 2x120mm's on my radiator are silent when I turn them down to 7v via fan controller. Temps NEVER leave the 30's, I'm quite happy with mine.

Keiron said:
My 2x120mm's on my radiator are silent when I turn them down to 7v via fan controller.

As mentioned above thats the ticket. Large fans at low rpms = very low noise. Not to say you can't do that with air cooling but it's difficult to do with any level of effiency.

If you do a little searching, you can find quite a bit. Thats how I picked out my parts.
As for cheap....... Save a little more than $100. You'll be ALOT happier with the results!

Swiftech MCW6002A WB $40
Laing D4/650 pump $75
Heatercore $18-$26@Autozone
Shroud (metal from Home Depot) $5
Sanyo Denki 120mm fans $5(each)
1/2" clearflex @7 ft $9

Try to avoid cheap pumps. I would have put a Aheim 1250 in the list, but the D4 is only a little more, is alot more powerful and is 12v(convenience).

As for cheap, everything in the list except block and pump:
Aquavia 1300 $23
TC-4 WB $25

I'd save the $72 for the better parts, superior performance and lifespan.

Back