• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with WC-ing in a lian-li pc-68

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Genetic

Registered
this is my first watercooling kit, thought id try it out. but i have a couple of questions. heres my rig that i will have in a couple of weeks.

athlon 64bit 3500 (90nm): 2.2ghz
Crucial Ballistix pc-3200
Seagate Barracude 160gb SATA hdd
Elsa Nvidia 6800GT
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
Ultra X-Connect Blue Uv 500w PSU
Audigy 2 ZS

i went to dangerden.com to put together a kit. the only problem is, im not sure if i can fit everything in my case, its a mid-tower, not big, but not small. im debating on whether or not to get a blackice (dont know which one i should get, any suggestions?) or a heatercore. im only going to be cooling my cpu, i already have a nv silencer 5 on my gpu, dont need anything for that. heres what i have so far

Cpu Style: Athlon64
CPU water block: Danger Den -TDX: $52.95
top type: Lucite
Fitting Size: 1/2 Fittings
Radiator: Dont know which one will fit and which to use!
Fan: dont know, depends on which radiator i get
Pump: Danger Den DD12V-D4 pump
Tubing: 7ft Tygon tubing: 20.30 (is that enough?)
Reservoir: Clear cylindrical Reservoir: $25.00
Hold Down Style: Stainless Steel H/D
Thermal Paste: Artic Silver 5
water additives: can anyone suggest anything that is odorless and works well?

dont think im missing anything else. i just dont want to buy a heatercore and have it not fit, or a blackice and have that not fit either. any recommends on where i should place everything? im new to this, yeah you can laugh that im a noob, go ahead, but i just want this to bring my temps down, allow me to oc and reduce the noise. if there is anything you suggest i change, go ahead and do so, im open to anything. my budget is on or around $250(doesnt mean you have to go to the max :D) . heres a link of my lian-li, has a good picture of the inside. Lian-li Pc-68

-thanks in advance!

you have to cut out the 3.5 external cage as well as take out the 3.5 removable cage.

my solution:

external case

xenocase111.jpg

ok, answers one question, what about the radiator? which will fit? what about the fans? where will i fit my harddrive?

Last edited:
There are a few of us (Mostly PC60 users) who have been using the area between the ps and the 5.25 rails.

Its a tight fit, but you can get a jr120, or a 2-302 up there.

Back