• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shroud question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[KX3]rAge

Hello, when making a dual 120mm shroud for my heatercore, does it effect temps at all if my shroud covers the sides of the heatercore as well? So that I can make a shroud on each side of the heatercore but have it made all out of a single piece of material?

i have read that it does effect it, i cant find the link right now, but it went somthing like this.
the main point of a rad is to get the most cool air to contact the fins so it cools, if the fins are blocked then it wont get as cool. (im guessing maybe a 1C)
i have ponderd this aswell, and my thoery is that if the rad that you are mounting forces only cool air to move through it then you are better off...ie sealing off the rad completely on the sides. one side for the air in and one side for the air out...if that makes any sence to you :) but ohwell.

Covering those outside edges won't make any difference in temps, that's not where the air flows anyway. I will make it a whole lot purtier though.

Back