• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I buy new fans for my heatercore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jbroad572

Well, I bought 3 of these fans:
http://svc.com/tlf-s12-ew-19.html
Fan Dimension 120x120x25 mm
LED number 4
Voltage (Volt) 12 VDC
Current (Ampere) 0.15 A±10%
Input Power (Watt) 1.80 W±10%
Speed (R.P.M.) 1220 R.P.M.±10%
Air Flow (CFM) 42.734 CFM
Air Pressure (mmH2O) 1.557 mmH2O
Noise (dB-A) 22 dB-A
Weight 137g
Life (hour) 30,000 hours
Bearing Type Sleeve
Speed Senser Yes

Those are the specs. They are dead quiet, but I noticed the low cfm, is that too low to keep my loop cool?
If I do have to buy new ones are these bad enough, that they would not even be suitable as case fans for my case?

I think those would make great case fans, for as you said they are dead quiet, and 45 cfm is still fairly respectable. Sure, its a little low for a 120mm fan, but an 80mm case fan could push about 30cfm at 30 dba, so it would be a big improvement on that.

As for your question, I think they could work on your heatercore, but you could definitly get something that would push more cfm and give you better temps. I, along with most other people on this forum, would recommend the 120mm Sanyo Denki's in the classifides. If you put them at 7v, theyre dead silent, and push probably around 55-60cfm. If you crank them up, there really isnt any motor noise, just the sound of air moving. So I guess it all depends on how silent you want your PC to be. I say, if you have a fan controller, go with the Denki's and put those cooler masters as case fans. If your really worried about noise and 39dba is too much for you, and you dont have a fan controler, either buy one or just stick with those fans. I say just get the Denki's though, you should see a preformance increase, and they really are quite quiet.

Achilles17 said:
I think those would make great case fans, for as you said they are dead quiet, and 45 cfm is still fairly respectable. Sure, its a little low for a 120mm fan, but an 80mm case fan could push about 30cfm at 30 dba, so it would be a big improvement on that.

As for your question, I think they could work on your heatercore, but you could definitly get something that would push more cfm and give you better temps. I, along with most other people on this forum, would recommend the 120mm Sanyo Denki's in the classifides. If you put them at 7v, theyre dead silent, and push probably around 55-60cfm. If you crank them up, there really isnt any motor noise, just the sound of air moving. So I guess it all depends on how silent you want your PC to be. I say, if you have a fan controller, go with the Denki's and put those cooler masters as case fans. If your really worried about noise and 39dba is too much for you, and you dont have a fan controler, either buy one or just stick with those fans. I say just get the Denki's though, you should see a preformance increase, and they really are quite quiet.

Awesome, I will use them as case fans, they will also bring a little light to my case, so it all works out, somewhat. I was planning to pick up those fans you recommended either way, especially at $5. Still have to pick up the fan controller though.

I just got an aerogate II to control those fans (both can fit on one channel), and I think its great if your a fan of fan controllers (no pun intended) that have temp sensors and LED's and the like. If not, try and find a sunbeam, or get a vantec nexus.

Back