• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone here go from a Via1300 to a LaingD4/MCP650?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok my MCP650 has a whine to it, but is also really much too powerful at 12V. The entire loop is foaming all around and the air can't even settle in the reservoir! I hooked it up at 7Volts (pump is spec'ed to operate between 6 and 14V) and now it's nice and very quiet while there's still good flow. I used the standard 1/2" OD Swiftech hose and had to put the ends in hot water before I could manage to get them over the large 3/4"(?) pump barbs, that's all. I'm very happy with this setup. (see sig for details)

I heard the pump is too powerful for resovoirs, so thats why you were encountering that problem.

Solution: If you want full power, use a t-line.

I've never used a VIA Aqua 1300, the DD D4 has a high pitched sound like a high rpm 60mm fan(not extreme like a tornado). This is the muffled version built 07/04. It is not extremely loud, my 2X120mm Evercool fans are louder than the pump. If the fans were run at 7V, then the pump would be audible.

Back