• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This setup safe? BH5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sucka

Mushkin lvl 2 pc-3200 BH5 running on an Abit Ic7-G, OCZ DDR Booster, Antec True Power 550, pushing 3.4-3.5v into that memory at 2-2-2-5, 238FSB, does this seem safe (prescott 3.2 on air)? I've heard 3.3 is max you should give BH5 memory on a daily basis, but obviously BH5 likes voltage...

It runs every bench i throw at it without a problem, but errors in prime within 5 minutes. I don't care about prime so long as it games/benchs stable which it does, should i continue to run this, or will it degrade my memory? Thanks.

Last edited:
Ive heard for everyday use try to find out how high it will clock at 3.2 3.3v with the use of a fan over it or your ramm will lose alot of life out of it.

That seems like to many volts for that kind of speed. If you are going to continue, put a fan over that ram.

Thanks guys, i'll invest in some sort of memory cooling mod, just hate pushing all that voltage into my memory when the pressy is already pulling enough juice as it is.

3.4-3.5v is perfectly fine for bh-5

what im confused about is if its bh-5, why is it only 238fsb at that voltage, you should be pushing past 250 there

i have 2 matched sets of bh5's...both twin 512's...1 set of corsair xmsLL's and 1 set of mushkin lvl2...both heatspreaderless and in an ultra infinity with 3.3v and a dryer duct running from my a/c vent to my cpu fan which at 3.3 to the memory and 1.9 to my cpu im looking at 23c cpu and 29c case right now and niether set will do past 230 and finish 3dmark or prime at anything over 210-215 at any multiplier.All this using 11-2-2-2 as timings.....any slower seems pointless to me for timings at that FSB. Any ideas why this is or am i just VERY unlucky?

Xenocide said:
3.4-3.5v is perfectly fine for bh-5

what im confused about is if its bh-5, why is it only 238fsb at that voltage, you should be pushing past 250 there

I think 235-240ish on BH5 at those volts is about right, some go higher, some not, just the way it is (it's pc-3200 also mind you). It isn't stable at higher speeds is the issue, it'll do them, and run a bench here and there, but i want this to be a stable system as well. Mind you 3.4~ on the OCZ booster results in 3.3-3.2 actual while benching. Edit: Also, my CPU becomes unstable past 238 i should mention, which is why the random 238, that is where i'm tottaly stable.

At lower volts it gives me random errors in windows, can't run through a bench without hardlocking, rebooting, error'ing, just overall instability.

superpi6.jpg

Last edited:
Back