• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am i wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

w00tstock

Well it seems to me that all the new nforce4 mobos are going to have an interesting problem... where to put the pump? If you look at all the mobos you will see that the pci-e 16x slot is further down the board, sometimes 3 or 4 pci slots down. Now when i look in my case my pump sits right there. So far I have only seen one mobo from abit with pci-e that isnt this way but its not an nforce4.
Hopefully im wrong and making an idiot of myself.

thats not very possible since there is no room anyplace else. Un less i mounted it verticaly above the grafix card, but then i think i would run into kinking and it would probably make my computer more fragile.

w00tstock said:
thats not very possible since there is no room anyplace else. Un less i mounted it verticaly above the grafix card, but then i think i would run into kinking and it would probably make my computer more fragile.
Hmm I guess I just don't think like that. When something doesn't work, I make it work. I guess that's the attitude of a modder...

w00tstock said:
Could we have a picture of the inside of your rig?

you can squeeze pumps in the most random places usually, i wouldnt worry. anything can be done if you think about it carefully enough.

You could bolt the pump to the front of the case, or between the radiator and the card in the middle of the case. There's lots of potential areas assuming you have a midtower or bigger.

I have the chiftech/antech/chemming case. Unfortunately I don’t have a camera so no pictures. My radiator take up the front of the case and the fan shroud go all the way to the power connector on my graphics card. Then under my graphics card I have my sound card which also takes a bit of room then my pump. Hmmmm...
After careful inspection for my case I have decided that I could mount some plexi into a pci slot above the graphics card then put the pump on that. Ok I think that will work well. The only thing is that it will make for quite a tight turn for the tubing.

Last edited:
The bigger problem I have noticed is that the NB is right behind the PCI-e 16x slot so the video card covers it up. That means no more addition of a northbridge cooler.

Pump Location

You could always hang it from the top of the case. Should have enough room between the PSU and the drive bays. Or, you could always mount it externally on a bracket extending out from the psu fan to help blow air over the pump. Just gotta get creative.

Back