• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eheim Compact 600 Pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[KX3]rAge

Anyone ever used this? If so how does it compare with the Danner Mag3?
Here are some specs on the Eheim.
Technical Data:
Pump Output: 150 - 600 l/h
Delivery Head: 1,3 m
Power Consumption: 11 W
Hose Connection Pressure Side: 12/16 mm
It also only runs submersible as far as I know.
I know it's not a high end pump, but how would it perform in a system with a heatercore, res, single cpu block?
I've tried searching and can not find a single review on it anywhere.

how does it compare with the Danner Mag3?
Well, considering the Mag 3 specs.......

Max Head - 9.5 feet / 2.9 meters
Max Output - 375 GPH / 1,420 LPH
Power consumption - 35 watts
Price - ~$40-50 (US Dollars)

....... I'd say ditch that Eheim and buy the Mag 3 :D. If that pump is only submersible than that means that all the heat that pump creates is being dumped into your cooling loop. I'm not sure how much of a temp difference 11watts would make in your loop but I know most prefer inline pumps over submersible. Why are you looking into that pump? Size? Price? Noise?

I think you could probably get by with it in your setup (depending on what block and heatercore you have) but I can't say for sure how well it'd perform. I do know however that since you're comparing it to a Mag 3, the Mag 3 would probably smack that pump around and make it go home crying ;) .

From what i know, ALL the Eheim Pumps are effictivaly silent. They just sling the water out.... and all the noise you get is moter noise, which can be silent...

I was only considering it because an online retailer I know has it on clearance for $19.99 Canadian, which is a mere $16 USD.
So it is fairly cheap, however if it does not perform well I'll forget about it.

You get what you pay for I guess. I personally prefer not to buy things that leave me wishing I'd have saved that money for a more expensive, better performing product. This pump would probably work fine in your system but think about whether or not it's worth saving a few bucks to be unhappy with what you just bought. I'm not by any means saying you'd be unhappy with this pump if you bought it. I'm just saying that if I were you I'd spend a few more bucks on a better pump that would perform better and leave more room for expandability versus buying one that is cheap, then being unhappy with it, throwing it away and buying the more expensive one in the end. Just MHO :D

Only 11 watts of power consumption? Even if those numbers where slashed in half by their marketing staff, its not a big heat producer. Assuming its fairly small, I'd suggest you buy two for that steal of a price and run them in series. You'll not only get over 50% more head, but the piece-of-mind that if one takes a dive, the other is still spitting.

HiProfile said:
Only 11 watts of power consumption? Even if those numbers where slashed in half by their marketing staff, its not a big heat producer. Assuming its fairly small, I'd suggest you buy two for that steal of a price and run them in series. You'll not only get over 50% more head, but the piece-of-mind that if one takes a dive, the other is still spitting.
Would two of these in series perform better then the Mag3?
and would this require me to have two resevoirs to keep them both submerged?

And just another thought, with a not so powerful pump, would it be better the go with a smaller heatercore like the chevette, rather then a bigger heatercore like the 77 bonneville that would slow down flow a lot more?

Some epoxy is all that is needed to make the compact an inline pump.. Used an Eheim Compact 300 when I watercooled my shuttle, and it works just fine. But the outlet is a bit small, so the entire setup must be built for small pumps, low flow.

Veland said:
Some epoxy is all that is needed to make the compact an inline pump.. Used an Eheim Compact 300 when I watercooled my shuttle, and it works just fine. But the outlet is a bit small, so the entire setup must be built for small pumps, low flow.
So if I bought two of the compact 600 and covered them with some of that self sealing tape stuff or epoxy, or whatever else to make them non-submersible and ran them in series I'd get decent performance? Or would I be better off spending the same amount of money on a Mag3 or similar?

Maybe something like this would work? Then just fill the container with water, make sure it is leakproof of course.
Would this work?

Back