• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my proposed setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt_Horn

here is my proposed setup:
Swiftech MCW6002-P - cpu
dd maze4 - nb
maze4 - gfx
the chevette hc from an 86 ( 399069 )
Swiftech MCP650 or 600
tygon 10' 1/2 ID is 10' too much?
danger den fill port
1/2 OD tline for the T would 1/2 ID tygon fit over 1/2 ID T if i boild it?
2x120 SANYO DENKI fans and such too(shrouds)

i need to know if anything is bad...ive done a lot of research and this is what ive come up with...i ned to know tonight because im ordering it all tonight after my lan party

The list looks fine. The tygon will most likely strech over a 1/2ID (5/8OD) T without the hot water, but it might make the job easier. It's the same situation with the heatercore. Most chevette cores have 5/8OD copper tubes and clearflex/tygon will also strech over them. I assume the 1/2ID tygon is 3/4OD (1/8 inch or thickwall).

You may get some grief over the NB block, but there are good arguments for and against so it's a personnal call. Just route carefully so it doesn't cause routing problems. You don't want the tubing putting extra pressure on a waterblock.

Unless you are planning for a "quiet" setup, I'm not sure the second fan and shroud (push/pull) is worth the trouble and lost space. A good Fan[Shroud]Rad[Shroud]Fan setup is about 8 inches long and that's huge in a mid-tower case.

What gungeek said.

If noise is an issue then the MCP600 and a single fan on the rad will help.

All of your parts look good too. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

The push/pull advantage IMO is allowing the fans to run quietly at 5V or 7V and getting close to the same cooling as a single fan at 12V.

noise isnt a problem...i was planing on having them run at 12v for awhile just to see what my tests do, but after awhile id make them 7v probably...and also i have a full tower its the xaser III and thats full...so ya space shouldnt be an isue (im mounting it from the top where the blow hole currently is)

One question...on the MCW6000 the inlet and outlet are 3/8"ID-1/2"OD so is there a need to even use a 1/2" ID 'T' ? Unless I am misunderstanding something the restriction point in the system (as in most 1/2" ID tubing systems) is actually the fittings for the blocks and pump.

The only reason I point this out is that it may not be of much benefit to try for a 1/2" ID 'T" which will be a little more work to possibly no benefit.

***EDIT***

Just as a sidenote the tubing will indeed fit over the 5/8" by simply heating it via hot water. I had to do so with one of my heater cores initially.

ok just ordered everything...except the sanyos i dont know why but ebay isnt emailing me back so i can activate it...anyone know? or beter yet know where i can get some?

Back