• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first WC Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChuckS

Okay, so after getting all this done, my load temp (as measured by one instance of Prime 95 in the background) is a drop of 15C from 42C from my Zalman 7000Cu to 27C with my Swifty 6002 WB, D-Tek Pro 120 HC, one Evercool 120mm fan and AquaXtreme pump.

OC wasn't increased, but that's a RAM/CPU issue.

I have one question (and I guess I should search first, but I'm here anyways), does it matter if the fan's pushing or pulling? I have it pushing now. Does it really impact temps?

Assuming a good shroud, pulling is a little bit better than pushing. I'd use whichever gives you the best setup.

It seems that most people also like to use a 'Venturi' shape shroud. Instead of a box type shroud the sides at at an angle. This is supposed to be a more effective sort of shroud than a standard 90 degree angle box type.

Ok, I can do any Height Shroud, only problem is this is all stacking up on top of my computer. Also, Should I have atleast a 1" gap above the fans before anything redirects the flow?

Im speaking of haveing a duct of some sort on top of the output to make it look nicer and to point the direct air output (and sound waves too.) someware besides up and at me. (My keyboard sits ontop of my computer basickly)

I know it will be bad to have the duct too close to the output of the fans, but what is too close? min space of 1"?

Last edited:
Back