• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory timing/bench speed question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
I'm currently running a 220MHz FSB synced to my ram. It needs 2.9V to stay stable at 2.5-3-3. I wonder how much of a performance increase would result from going 2-2-2 for say frame rates in Halo and 3dmark03 benching.

What kind of ram is able to do 2-2-2 at 220+ without excessive (>2.9V) voltage use? Would BH5/6 be in order? The Mushkin L2V2 catches my eye, but not sure if it will do that timing at that speed.

seems like all of the TCCD rams out now are putting up impressive numbers on any platform. Personally I think the Sammy TCCD stuff is incredible. I guess the thing you'd need to do is find which TCCD ram is tweaked for your specific system.... OCZ I believe is tweaked for A64 whereas the PQI is tweaked for Intel. They still run good on anything from what I've seen though.

I guess a Socket A system would be close enough to an A64 setup to get something tweaked for that instead.

Right now I'm trying to see how high of FSB I can run 2-2-2 at. At 208 right now but already needed 2.9V.

Back