• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first Water Cooling Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

memory remains

Hey guys, as you can tell i'm new to the forums. Recently bout a week and a half ago i bought my first water cooling system.
Kingwin Arcitic Liquid Cooling, i didn't want to spend alot of money on it just wanted to see how good they worked and so forth.
Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Clawhammer
1.70vcore 249bus 10X multiplier
Asus K8V-b M/b
PC2700 Kingston Ram (2.7v) set at 266mhz on the board. Running at 332mhz
GeForce FX 5200 128mb 300/470
SB Audigy MP3+
80Gb Maxtor HD

Cooling:
Kingwin Arctic Liquid Cooling system
2 radiators
(one in 5.25 bay with res. and fan control the other on back of computer with 80mm fan)
1/4" tubing (bleh!)
CPU block
GPU block
80mm fan blowing in to case from side
80mm fan underneat 1st radiator blowup (and a fan on top of radiator also)
80mm fan on second radiator blowing outside of case

Temps:
33c Idle @ 2Ghz
47c Load @ 2Ghz
35c Idle @ 2.38Ghz (currently set at)
48c Load @ 2.38Ghz
44c Idle @ 2.49Ghz
57c Load @ 2.49Ghz

Now this isn't the best water cooling setup, in fact when i have the money i'm investing in some Dangerden products along with 1/2 tubing. and a coupel more fans to see how far i can get this crazy lil sucker....but being the first time i have wc i think it's kinda neat :)

I'll be playing with my fans..moving them around modding things to see how much more i can cool it with them...
Give me some input or ideas.. Thanks.

In my setup, I will probally end up with only two fans moving air in my case. They are the fans that are moving air over the heatercore I will use. Have it at the top of my case, and it will suck fresh air in my case removing need for lots of Case fans.
FYI: its a 2-302 heater core which will have 2 120mm fans on it (bonniville heater core)

I am thinking of getting that water cooler.

Would you recomend it?

Cause like you, I'm not looking to spend a fortune, because I can't.. But I want a littler cooler, less noise too.

Dunno, if you are just looking for a small quieter watercooling and don't have a CPU that outputs a whole lot of heat(unlike my presscott) You could probally go with a smaller heatercore. Just rember, I am no expert in this matter, Ive just seen the 2-302 use a lot by the more preformance tuned watercool setups.

(note my grand total for all the parts in my future Water cool system is ~$350, but im useing expensive parts. White Water CPU block ect. Can cut some corners and loose ~1C which for most is no big deal. bringing down the price ALOT)

they are 80mm fan on teh 2nd radiator, and 120 i believe on the first rad. oh and this kit totally rocks if you aren't totally into OCing and just want a good stable water cooled system.

Back