• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my first wc finished

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Z YA LTR

Well not quite yet. Just need to mount my other hard drives and cdrw.

The hc is from a 87 chevette and I have two 120 deltas on it. 1 sucking and 1 blowing. I custom mounted the front fan and made the shroud for the 2nd one.

The pump is an Eheim 1250.

The blocks are CPU: DD TDX and GPU: DD Maze 4.

The resivoir is homemade out of pvc pipe. And the tubing is 1/2 id.

Here are some pics, tell me what you think:

DSC01930.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

--Josh

greenman100 said:
looking good, I like the front fan,but watch the downward pressure on your waterblock

What do you mean by downward pressure?

--Josh

greenman100 said:
you have two hoses hanging from the block

that's about a ft/pound of force

just something to think about, try to support the hoses or tighten the upper screw more

The screws are as tight as they go. DD says its 75lbs of force. 37.5 on each screw. Thanks for the suggestion.

--Josh

cetoole said:
Looks good, that front fan looks like a toe chopper, what did you make the shroud out of?

I dont know what the right name for it is but I got it from lowes for 33cents a sheet and it took 3 sheets. Its just a little angled piece of metal.

greenman100: Thanks for the tip I will try that.

--Josh

greenman100 said:
is that a level switch ont eh left side of the case halfway up?

Its the switch for the pump since its 120v. I didnt want to have to plug it up everytime I want to turn the computer on and vice versa to turn it off.

Voodoo Rufus said:
Nice looking rig.

Excellent job on the case modding.

Thanks a lot!

--Josh

Back