• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any pics of water cooling in a Lian Li PC65.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

I searched the forums for Water Cooling setups in Lian Li PC65's but most of the picture links were dead.

Can someone post some pics of their water cooling setup in one of these cases? I want to consider water cooling in the future and I really wanna keep using my PC65 case.

greenman100 said:
watercooling a specific case isn't a whole lot different, all cases are pretty similar

maybe you have specific questions we could help with

Well I'm wondering how a watercooling setup will fit inside that size of case. And I was hoping to see some pics of the possible layouts/design, etc.

Here's a pic of my old rig.
oldsys.jpg

P8160113.JPG

that is a picture of It_The_Cow s system and its about the best clean setup you can get . its simple and the dimentions are about the same as a 65 i think ( pic is a pc60 and i think the only diference is the window)

thorilan said:
P8160113.JPG

that is a picture of It_The_Cow s system and its about the best clean setup you can get . its simple and the dimentions are about the same as a 65 i think ( pic is a pc60 and i think the only diference is the window)
NICE!

what radiator/heatercore is that on It_The_Cow's system? ....im looking for a heatercore to fit in my pc-68, some suggested the chevette heatercore, but i think ill have to cut out the drive bays.

I have a skyhawk case which is the same exact design as an pc65 lian li i think. have pics of the w/c in a week about. and that rad looks like a blackice but not sure.

Can someone tell me the purpose of the T Line with the cap on the end going up in It_The_Cow's system?

I was reading a thread to see if a reservoir provided any cooling advantages and the answer seemed to be NO. So what is the benefit of a reservoir compared to just a loop like in Mike Timbers setup?

A res usually makes it easier to bleed the system of air bubbles as opposed to a Tee. Other than sometimes looking good, they don't serve much of a purpose anymore.

I'd be posting pics by now of my unusual layout, but I'm still waiting on parts :(

I'm liking those WC setups a lot.
I'm debating wether I should install my new system with WCing into my Lian Li PC65 or into my bigger Chieftec/Antec case. I love my Lian Li but I think the whole proccess will go smoother in the larger Chieftec case.

Quick question,
Does the T line have to be the highest point in the system/loop? This would normally be above the CPU waterblock with a bottom mounted pump and radiator. I've been looking at a lot of water cooled cases lately and I noticed lots of T-Lines at the bottom of the loop. Can someone confirm this?
Also, the T-Line is basically used for filling the system and letting it bleed (all the air bubbles will go to the opened T-Line), right?

The Tee line makes it much easier to bleed, since air bubbles tend to rise and catch in the Tee line. The pics you've seen with Tee's in lower spots are used to prime the pump while filling. It reduces the amout of air bubbles produced, since the pump gets fed enough water and doesn't cavitate. It also reduces the chances of damaging your pump impeller/shaft from too much air in it. A top-mounted Tee will catch bubbles better, but thats about it.

The other option is going with two Tee's - one on the highest part and the other before the pump's intake. That way you can drain it very fast & in a controlled manner, as well as prime the pump & bleed the loop very quick. I'd only suggest this with Tee's like copper fittings that have the same ID as your tubing to prevent unneeded restriction.

So this order would be good?
Lower T-Line > Pump > Radiator > CPU Waterblock > GPU Waterblock(if needed) > Back to original Lower T-Line.

So essentially when you have it all set up and would like to fill it, you just start pouring water into the T-Line until it gets somewhat near the top, then run the pump and add water as needed until all the air is gone and it is just pumping straight liquid?

EDIT: I noticed on It_The_Cow's setup his T-Line is after the pump and not before...

Back