• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice for Water Cooling... P4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fervidsea

Registered
Hello

I need advice for a simple but reliable water cooling system for under $350. It is for a P4 3.0 Prescot on an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Board with 1Gb Ram, Western Digital Raptor 74GB HD and Evga 6800 GT Vid Card.

I would like CPU and Chipset Cooler and possible VGA for V-Card.

It fits in a Kingwin KT-424-BK_WM case which only has 3 80mm fans... 1 in back 2 up front low.

I have been reading this board trying to get ideas and honeslty I am quite overwheled by the shear number of choices... Would like to know what your ideas would be... I would also rather not use or modify cars parts to fit etc.

If anyone has any ideas on parts and pierces to put together I would greatly apprecate it. Thank you!

if you arnt affraid of modding take out the 2 80s and replace them with sanyo denkis and a hc those will both run you about 25-30 bucks total, then blocks are upto yourself...it really depends on what you are looking for in quietness and such.

i just orderd this today:
Swiftech MCW6002-P - cpu
dd maze4 - nb
maze4 - gfx
the chevette hc from an 86 ( 399069 )
Swiftech MCP650 or 600
tygon 10' 1/2 ID is 10' too much?
danger den fill port
2x120 SANYO DENKI fans and such too(shrouds)

my case is much bigger than yours tho so you may not want to go with 1/2 ID but like i said its all preferance

good luck and buy smart!

Thanks

Think I might be going with the Danger Den Set Up

TBX CPU
Maze4 GPU
Maze4 Chipset
Black Ice Micro 2
Hydro 30 pump (something like that)

Should I use a Res or something like the Swiftech Drain and fill?
Also do I need something to turn on and off the system? PCI card?

Any other information will be greatly appreciated. Am I missing anything?

Thanks

You could also consider the Swiftech MCW6002-P CPU block, it has a tapered inlet so it builds up a slight pressure injecting directly on the center of the CPU while maintaining a good flow-rate. Without having to hassle with seperate nozzle-plates or whatever DD callls them. Also from what I've read the Hydor30 isn't the best of pumps. Other than that you look good...

Last edited:
I'd get a bigger better performing rad if you plan on cooling all three components. A blackice Micro is not going to cut it. You might consider building an external box with a double heatercore and two 120mm fans in it. I have that Kingwin case too, and it is pretty cramper for space. If you do not have any drives in your top days, you could possible mount a big rad in the top, but you would have to cut a hole in the top of the case (of course). If you can take out the bottom drive bays, a rad would fit there as well, with minimal modding.

Back