• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ4001024ELDCPE-K, What IC's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Know Nuttin

Hi All,

Does the OCZ4001024ELDCPE-K use the Samsung TCCD IC's? If not, what are they known to use and do they have the possibility to get to 250mhz with only 2.7v? I know the Rev 2's are known to use TCCD but not sure about rev 1.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Well, I'm not sure about the rev.1 sticks, but there is another way to test it out. Run it at 210 Mhz, and then see if it will run 2-2-2, then try 215 and see if it will run it. That would be the easiest way to test them out.

I don't own them but was in the market for purchasing some new ram. Would like to exploit the high FSB's available.

Might go with budget and get some Kingmax Hardcore PC4000. Seem to be not too bad but very well priced.

Well, given your system, if you're trying to get the highest fsb, why not pick up some PQI TCCD? They are dirt cheap. Although you can pick up the OCZ plat. rev 2's for a little bit more. Both are good brands.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-141-124&depa=1

You could also dig around BB or CC to find a 2*256 kit of BT D43's. They are easy enough to find, and I bought mine on sale for 70 bucks.

in Canada, newegg doesn't ship :(

I've seen them and really contemplated getting them. I think 2.7v might be a bit limiting though.

PQI 2-2-2-5, DC kit, 2x512mb = ~$405

Looking to go for a GB. I find 512mb isn't enough.

Thanks for all the replies. Greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I can't blame you for looking for a gig kit. I had a gig, and then went down to a 512 kit to increase my fsb. My 3D performance dropped like a rock. It was a really bad decision to go with fsb over actual game performance. Good luck finding your ram man. That gig kit is pricey, but I bet it would overclock like nothing else.

I can find the Kingmax PC4000 Hardcore, 512mb sticks for 139 CDN each, figure that's not too bad of a price. only needs 2.6v so maybe i can get to 260FSB, 2.7v.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Wish my board had at least 2.8v. Stupid Asus.

Know Nuttin said:
Wish my board had at least 2.8v. Stupid Asus.

Yea I hear that.. My freind has that mobo and it sux cuz the vdimm holds the mobo back alot.. :(

Back