• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I saw BH-6...in a HD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

man_utd

I was working tonight, tossing out old stuff, when I ran across a Samsung 30gb hard drive. I flip it over to see if the jumpers are in the right place, and low and behold, there was a winbond bh-6 chip under it.

If only there was overclocking the HD memory...sigh

l3ored said:
LOL is it even possible to make your own ram, or are you guys just joking?

doubtful.. they use wave soldering machines to get the small joints soldered.. No matter how big a joint you smoked.. don't think you could do it..

lol.. I bet they can.. I also bet that some of them would make a cpu if they had the resources.. hehe

LOL is it even possible to make your own ram, or are you guys just joking?
Yeah, DEFINITELY joking. If by "resources" you mean "fully staffed and equipped multimillion dollar production facility" then yes, we probably would. :p

as far as i know the BH-6 that are on hard drives are related to the onboard cache, which in most drives is 2mb and 8mb. even with 8mb the maximum size of a stick you could 'manufacture' would be 128mb (8mb x 8 modules x 2 sides).

not worth it IMO.

still kinda cool, "yea man my hd's cache runs @ 200mhz @ 2-2-2-5! beat that" , "well my new samsung 80gb has samsung tccd ics! 2225!" , "Well they cant oc as good as mine!"

Actually, I think you can stack modules, so 8x2 modules on 1 side and 8x2 modules on the other for a total of 256mb.

still kinda cool, "yea man my hd's cache runs @ 200mhz @ 2-2-2-5! beat that" , "well my new samsung 80gb has samsung tccd ics! 2225!" , "Well they cant oc as good as mine!"
right on sk8. in that case you should try overclocking your hdd :)

What would be really funny is if it was actually a factor in how high of a PCI bus the hard drive could handle.

Back