• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCW600x question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
I received my 6000-P last night, and was surprised at how large it is-2.1/2" square!

Since Cathar's testing showed that moving heat more than 5 or so mm before the waterpath is wasted material, isn't that just a tad bit of overkill?
I mean, the heatspreader's not that great (we all know that, right?), then why should my waterblock dwarf the size of my processor so?

I'd think that an 1 1/2" waterblock (or 2" to remain universal) would be more suited (and cheaper still), or was that tried and failed?
Maybe it's a supply issue of a possibly standard copper stamping?

One more thing, the tubes on it are exactly 3/8" (.375), so the tubing doesn't fit that snug.

Just some thoughts.
BillA?

p.s. Fit and finish are outstanding, and packaging was excellent...none of this is about to stop me from using/recommending the block... :p

Last edited:
The interior of the block is filled with pins almost touching the top of the block so I guess it takes a lot of internal spacing to keep good flow. I have the 6002 and the only difference is that it has larger barbs with a tapered inlet. I used standard 1/2" OD Swiftech hose and could manage to squeeze it over the barbs so your 6000 must be no problem at all. Here are two pics of those blocks interiors:

MCW6000:
mcw6000.gif

MCW6002:
mcw6002.gif

Back