• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2-2-25 210 vs 2-4-4-11 220?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuRe

I got this corsair ram in ma sig, o/cing at the mo and finding that its not the most stable ram at high speeds, i put the vdimm at 2.7, as 2.8 seems to decrease its stability.

Should i chose 2.3ghz, 2-2-2-5 210mhz OR 2.4 2-4-4-11 220mhz?

run some benchmarks at both and see what the difference is.... I'd go so far as to test both in real world conditions and see which one works best.

2-2-2-5 is better, your timings are going to hurt you, even with the extra speed at 220mhz.

that said, it also depends on if your apps are cpu intensive or not.

i hear there is no point running a memory divider as there is a bottle nect at the ram, shall i stick with 1:1 and have a lower fsb or go for the memory dividr and see how high i can get my fsb untill my sata drives corrupt (mobo got no agp/pci locks :( )

2-2-2-5 @ 210 should be the better of the two. Relaxing tRCD and tRP that much for only a 10mhz gain is going to hurt your benches, especially in most real world stuff.

im new to memtest86 as i have been running some windows memtest crap. I ran it for 1:15 hours and it was stable untill i cancelled it. It was on test 7 but seemed to be on there for ages.

My timings are 2-2-2-11 as i hear the Tras isnt that important when it comes to latency, but allows me to use a higher mhz. Is this true about the Tras and what tests should i do that are critcial to testing the ram as i get bored after a while :p

This is a no brainer. 10MHz doesn't even come near compensating for the massive latency loss. Keep it at 210MHz and call it a day.

Back