• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ DDR Booster Diagnostic Device?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuRe

I have the mem in my sig and at the mo not really been able to push it with the fsb and still have low ram timings. I hear all this stuff about BH-5 loving voltage and im guessing my ram is near identical speed wise and timing wise (2-2-2-5 + 200 at stock).

I have an asus k8v and wondered whether the OCZ DDR Booster Diagnostic Device would work on my mobo. (does it just change the range that you can adjust the vdimm in the bios?)

Thanks alot

not sure if it will work with your board.... however they do have the compatibility list on the OCZ website.... what it does it take voltage directly from the psu and allow you to use it on your ram up to like 3.6 or 3.9v.... I don't remember which one it is..... so basically whatever your mb will allow you to use, the DDR Booster will be able to supply it.

There is a knob right on the booster that allows you to change the voltages to the memory, and the reading is outputted right to a lcd on the module. You can use any value up to 3.9v on some boards i think, they are rated differently for each board. I have mine pushing my BH5 at 3.4v 245FSB.

I just got the booster the other day. Man does it suck. I got an increas of 5 on the fsb. Biggest waste of money i ever spent.

It was more like 45, but i got it at my local parts store. Newegg has them for around 47$ i think, last i looked anyways. If you have some BH5 that needs voltage, this thing is great.

urbancontra said:
I just got the booster the other day. Man does it suck. I got an increas of 5 on the fsb. Biggest waste of money i ever spent.

Well I dont think its the booster that sucks. I mean it does it job rather well, it is just that your ram did not benefit from the extra juice.

I have some BH-5 and I cant wait to get it cranked it up to 3.3v with this thing :eek: .

Ad Rock said:
Well I dont think its the booster that sucks. I mean it does it job rather well, it is just that your ram did not benefit from the extra juice.

I have some BH-5 and I cant wait to get it cranked it up to 3.3v with this thing :eek: .

Hmm...I don't know.

I could definately say that after 3 sets of ram, 2 being bh-5, that there was defiantely some suckage. Either way, OCZ shouldn't be selling a product that will sometimes work, sometimes not.
But then again, that's why it's an "ocz diagnostic device", right?

I ordered mine last week should get it some time this week cant wait to see what my bh-6 will do im hoping for at least 240 :) with 3.2v or 3.3

urbancontra said:
Hmm...I don't know.

I could definately say that after 3 sets of ram, 2 being bh-5, that there was defiantely some suckage. Either way, OCZ shouldn't be selling a product that will sometimes work, sometimes not.
But then again, that's why it's an "ocz diagnostic device", right?

I still think you are expecting something from the OCZ that it is not promising. The whole point of the booster is to let you get a higher v-dimm without actually having to physically mod your mobo. That is all it is supposed to do, whether or not you actually see an increase in your ram is not up to the OCZ.

It is like if someone were to give you a fishing rod and lead you to a lake and showed you how to fish and then you did not catch anything. It is not their fault you did not catch anything for they they gave you the basic tools needed to be succesful it just did not happen.

Ad Rock said:
I still think you are expecting something from the OCZ that it is not promising. The whole point of the booster is to let you get a higher v-dimm without actually having to physically mod your mobo. That is all it is supposed to do, whether or not you actually see an increase in your ram is not up to the OCZ.

It is like if someone were to give you a fishing rod and lead you to a lake and showed you how to fish and then you did not catch anything. It is not their fault you did not catch anything for they they gave you the basic tools needed to be succesful it just did not happen.

Very well put my friend :)

Back