• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loud Eheim1250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lon3R

My 1250 has been buggin me latley ive had i mounted on foam so vibration wouldnt be an issue but now i can almost hear the water moving thriugh the pump and like a slight clicking sound . anyone know how i could fix this or haver any of the same experiences?

I had some similar sounds with mine.

I suggest you disassemble it and check the impeller for wear.

If there is none, then just ensure that there is no air trapped in the pump.

Lon3R said:
My 1250 has been buggin me latley ive had i mounted on foam so vibration wouldnt be an issue but now i can almost hear the water moving thriugh the pump and like a slight clicking sound . anyone know how i could fix this or haver any of the same experiences?

I have never heard any clicking sounds from my 1250, but I have heard "water moving through the pump". In my case, it was air / bubbles getting into the intake stream due to insufficient filling of my reservoir.

Is the clicking sound intermittent or is it constant like a steady pulse?

Small bubbles of air can cause the clicking sound. Usually it is intermitent but can be repeated and then stop when the air bubble becomes lodged in say the radiator. A quick check is to move the position of the radiator which usually dislodges the air bubble making the clicking sound as it passes through the pump impeller. These bubbles are notoriously difficult to remove.

i put more head to the pump and now shes nice and quiet sittin on my 3.5" bay filled w/ foam ! ; ) what are these vibration dampeners your talking about ? the rubber surronded screws?

Lon3R said:
i put more head to the pump and now shes nice and quiet sittin on my 3.5" bay filled w/ foam ! ; ) what are these vibration dampeners your talking about ? the rubber surronded screws?

Any soft piece of foam like material will do. I personally have my 1250 resting on two large sponges.

True that.. As I recall, I reduced the restrictions on the inlet (and replaced the impeller) and have yet to have a repeat.

Any soft piece of foam like material will do. I personally have my 1250 resting on two large sponges.

I used some 1" pieces of tubing as shock absorbers. Yesterday, I took apart an old respirator and found the motor mounted on 4 3/8"x3/8"x1.5" black rubber blocks.... they are now residing under my Eheim.

Back