• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is tygon clearer than clearflex?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jbroad572

My clearfles looks brown, not exactly clear. I remember reading that someone made the switch and it was noticeable clearer. Is that true?

I have also had some luck with using MasterKleer from McMaster. $5.70 for 10ft with about $5 shipping.

I think fogging is largely due to what additives people use primarily and in what concentration.

I had Clearflex60 with a section of Tygon for a few sharper turns to reduce the tension on my CPU block. I was also using HydrX additive and unfortunately both types of tubes fogged. The Tygon was indeed less fogged however.

Since then switched to 10% Preston Low-Tox + 2 teaspons of Iodine and zero fogging so far.

Sidenote- the flexibility of the MasterKleer is almost identical to the Clearflex60. It is not as flexible as the Tygon however.

In my machines, using water wetter, Tygon has been noticeably more resistant to clouding than Clearflex. I've switched most of my machines over to Tygon; choice being more cosmetic than functional I guess.

Jbroad572 said:
My clearfles looks brown, not exactly clear. I remember reading that someone made the switch and it was noticeable clearer. Is that true?
Clearflex has more of a blue tint than Tygon or MasterKleer but it shouldn't have a brown tint if it's brand new. Assuming it's not new, what additives were you using in your loop? Read below to see why I ask :)
arnoldma said:
my clearflex also went brown, i was using only water wetter...
Water Wetter is notorious for staining tubing no matter what brand your tubes are. Like skane said though, some tubing might be more resiliant than others. I myself plan on using MasterKleer with some pentosin for my WC system :D. IMHO, Tygon just isn't worth the huge price premium.

Last edited:
Back