• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me figure out what stick this is...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

busta`

A few months ago, I ordered a stick of Corsair 512MB PC2700 Value RAM for my computer. When it got here, I booted it up, ran perfectly, and I never bothered since. While thinking of what RAM I wanted to upgrade to, I opened up CPU-Z and Sandra only to find that both programs think it's a stick of PC3200. Now the wierd part is that CPU-Z cannot indentify the manufacturer or the part number, but the actual stick has labled stickers of the PC2700 stick. I'm having trouble determining if this stick is actually 2700 or a mislabeled 3200. Here is the picture that CPU-Z shows:

3200_or_no.jpg

Any help on figuring this out is appreciated. Thanks.

If it its definately running at 200Mhz DDR then it either IS PC3200 or perhaps PC3200 that has been rebadged and sold as PC2700?

Did you manually overclock it or did it do that on it's own? Also, if you could get the numbers from the chips it would help too. otherwise it will be difficult to impossible to tell.

Back