• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for this type of pump.. PIC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Surreal

'Surreal please contact Krag ASAP'
I need a pump with a certian barb configuration. I dont know what it is called ATM. Check the pic.

Sorry m8, but centrifugal pumps need a center inlet to work.
Never seen one like that pictured...

Well yeah, but those are mostly not for constant duty, are loud, and will suck your psu dry for amperage. If you could find one that is rated for constant duty, then go for it.

p.s. buy hose clamps :eek:

"Common Applications

*Solar systems
*Computer cooling systems
*Circulating systems for homes, RV’s and boats
*Engine block circulating systems
*Juice machines
*Aquariums and ponds
*Oxygen generating systems
*Vending machines
*Water fountains
*Process temperature control
*Remote area fluid handling"

It'll cool entire solar systems! Wicked!

And I guess it does computer stuff too, if that's your thing.

Last edited:
If you get that laing pump, post how it works and how much it costs, it would be about perfect for me.

Surreal said:
That is too cool! Going to look into this one. Thanks Senator_Cache
np

Alacritan said:
It'll cool entire solar systems! Wicked!

HAHAHA, didnt catch that one at first. lol....imagine the waterblock needed.

Diggrr said:

nm

cetoole said:
If you get that laing pump, post how it works and how much it costs, it would be about perfect for me.

"That Laing pump" is a regular ole' D4 / MCP650.
Only the barb-housing is different...I very highly doubt that it will perform any different.

BTW, Laing wants $138 for their pump (I called them before DD had them), can't wait to see what they want to sell the brass housing for...do tell when you find out.

Oh, and forgot to mention, that is a center inlet centrifugal pump with a 90° inlet moulded into the housing. Don't expect the flow characteristics to be exactly the same as the straight inlet design of the perpendicular one. Not horrible, but not as good.

Last edited:
Shadowcat said:
Question: Why do you need a pump with that configuration? Could you not use an inline centrifugal pump?

IT is for a custom case with space restrictions. No luck, I want a 317+ GPH pump in that config.

Back