• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black ice pro or pro-120 hi-performance radiator? (dtek)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The BIP has pre-drilled holes slightly elevated from the core on both sides so you can mount fans on both sides in a push-pull setup. I dunno about that heatercore...

Well, they each fit 1 120mm fan. I just got my Black Ice II xtreme, and it fits 2 120mm fans. It seems to be quality construction but I haven't had the chance to test it.

Black ice pro 120 here. nice construction and overall the unit has served me well. honestly the main reason i ended up getting it, was that i would have to order the d-tek seperately and frozencpu had teh BIP. Also, i wanted a thinner RAD cuz i was going for a quieter setup. BIP is 1" thick.

TEh DTEK can do push pull via rods slid through the fins
A shroud doenst only serve the purpose of providing a fan mount... It maximises fin usage also (very important)
If you slap a fan right on the rad...the part of the fins where the motor sits will not get any use.

legend, what are your full load temps? what kind of fan do you have on it? hmm..so if im just going to cool my cpu, have a 80cfm fan on it, which one would be the better choice?

i have a 120mm fan on a controller, and i use as shroud in a pull configuration. radiator is at the bottom front of my case.
Temps:
Idle - 34-37c (depending on ambient)
Load - Never over 39-40c

t-line.jpg

guess so ;)

i originally had planned on having it stand upright, but after playing with the tube routing this allowed for not so tight bends.
btw, my case is 7inches wide. Pretty much tried to get the smallest 120 rad available ;)

ive decided to go with a dual heatercore and 2 evercool 80cfm fans, anyone suggest what i should use to mount it to the top of my case? and if i do mount it on top, will a t-line still work? if its at the top will it affect performance?

For me its bolts through the fans and shroud, and either bolts or zipties through the shroud and core.

When I had the JR-120, I used bolts through out. With the 2-302 I have now its bolts for the shroud->fans->case, and zipties for the core to shroud connection.

if im just cooling my cpu, you suggest a dual heatercore, or that dtek single core? just curious, im not sure which one will suite me better.

I'm not suggesting anything. the Topic is about single cores, and post 16 is about a dual core. Both are good options.

I have both: the temp difference was ~1-2C in favor of the dual, and the Pain in the *** to Mount award also went to the dual. Pick your poison. :p

hmm..only 1-2c? wow i thought having dual would give you a great advantage, how was it so hard to mount it to the case?

Back