• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM for A64 system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

old silicon

Ok. Time to build a new box. This old Celery system just ain't cutting it anymore. Going A64, I've selected the NF3 DFI mobo and a retail A64 3000+, I'd like to have a gig of RAM but on a budget so I'm looking at the OCZ Performance Series PC3500 512x2 from NewEgg for $207. Is there anything better for the same price range? What do you think about this RAM? I will be OCing only as much as I can get from the retail HSF for now. Possibly a high-end air cooling solution to come later. Would I be better off spending the cash for just 512 meg of uber-RAM instead of the gig of good enough?

Thanks

people seem to be doing very well with TCCD ram. There are several threads that discuss this type ram with A64 systems. I'd start researching there if I were you.

Ok. so maybee I'll have to stretch the budget a little and get some of this tccd stuff. Still, would better performance be seen from a gig of OK RAM or 512mb of uber-RAM?

Back