• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMS Low latency ram question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VaporRanger

Registered
I am running the Corsair low lat 2-2-2-5 ram matched with a A64 3500 on a Neo plat 2 mobo. I am farely new to overclocking and have read alot that this ram can not handle a FSB over 210 ish in dual channel with out loosing up the timing some. My question is how far would you push the voltage before changing timing and what timing numbers would you change first. I have noticed alot of people leave the CAS number alone and change others first. Thanks in advance.

For AMD64 systems, 2-2-2-10 timings in most cases will yield better results for that memory. I've had em' and they couldn't handle 210fsb with those timings @2.8v. I needed to relax the timings down to 2-3-3-10 to do 210fsb. They're also not known to clock very high, many reviews had that result along with me. So don't expect to get too high, at least not with tight timings.

welcome to the forums..

I wouldn't go more than 2.9v before loosening the timings.

2.5-2-2-5 would be what I would try first. If that isn't succesful, then go back to 2-3-2-5 and try again.

I'm prime95 level 3 torture testing that RAM right now at 2-2-2-10 at 210 in my A64 as I wasn't stable near the 2.6Ghz mark so I dropped the overall clock down and the memory up. My question is this: will going from 198 to 210 really make that much of a difference if it is indeed stable at this speed? I have no idea and was just wondering how you guys feel about it. I could benchmark but right now I'm supposed to be writing a paper and if I start that well you guys know what happens when you start that quest for more mhz....it could go all night if I didn't watch myself....

Back