• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Update with pics dual core setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2Busy

Latest round of pics of my dual core setup in an old ibm server case. Will enjoy all critique.

Power, Reset switches and LEDS
switches.jpg

Back of case with exhaust grill and AC input area
back.jpg

Front of case with view of dual cores
frontmounted.jpg

Side view showing home made res, dual cores, etc
coresmounted.jpg

Cover off of AC input and relay box
electric.jpg

You betcha!

Xenocide said:
im going to guess its to show the water level

Thats exactly right. A visual on the water level. I could not find clear pvc pipe without having to buy a whole stick of it mail order.

Way to long, like a bowl of wolf brand chili!

Genetic said:
damn, nice job, must of taken awhile eh?

Actually, yes. This is one of those " I dont have the cash to do it all up front, so it is pay as I go kinda a deal". Getting close though. New mobo on the way, just need another psu, and paint on the outside and I will be there. Moving drives, vid card, burner, etc from my other rig for now.

Hey, 2Busy, could you describe exactly how you made that res? right down to kind of fittings you used?? I'm interested in doing something similar!

Res Construction

[KX3]rAge said:
Hey, 2Busy, could you describe exactly how you made that res? right down to kind of fittings you used?? I'm interested in doing something similar!

PVC pipe 1.5 inch diameter, approximately 15 inches long. 1.5 terminal adapter, and threaded cap for the open end, and a slip fit pvc cap for the bottom. Glued the terminal adapter on one end, the cap on the other. Located where I wanted my barbs, drilled out to slightly oversized of the barbs. Did not even try to thread the pipe to accept the barbs. Used JB Weld to secure the barbs in place. The sight glass for viewing water level is 2 90 degree 1/4 npt by 1/4 id hose barbs. These barbs placed the same way and jb welded into place. The actual brackets holding the res to the aluminum supports are 1.5 inch pvc pipe straps painted white. They are available in the electrical dept, but come in gray color.

2Busy said:
PVC pipe 1.5 inch diameter, approximately 15 inches long. 1.5 terminal adapter, and threaded cap for the open end, and a slip fit pvc cap for the bottom. Glued the terminal adapter on one end, the cap on the other. Located where I wanted my barbs, drilled out to slightly oversized of the barbs. Did not even try to thread the pipe to accept the barbs. Used JB Weld to secure the barbs in place. The sight glass for viewing water level is 2 90 degree 1/4 npt by 1/4 id hose barbs. These barbs placed the same way and jb welded into place. The actual brackets holding the res to the aluminum supports are 1.5 inch pvc pipe straps painted white. They are available in the electrical dept, but come in gray color.
Alright sounds good, thanks! I think I'll give something like this a try, slightyl different of coarse but along the same lines.

Back