• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAMS ddr2 or ddr - u make the call

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scotty20857

What are the advantages and disadvantages of ddr2 RAM vs ddr RAM. If it matters i have a p4 rig w/ pres"hott"

no offense...but im not that gay...yes my mobo supports ddr2 which is why im asking...

Is the Gay comment really necessary?
Sure isn't.

DDR2 = high speed and high latency. DDR = lower speeds and low latency. As far as I know, the boards that support DDR2 now are also all PCI-E. That means that you'd have to do some pretty major and pretty expensive upgrades. After said upgrades you'd see a very slight difference, if any, in performance.

no offense...but im not that gay...yes my mobo supports ddr2 which is why im asking...
First, it was a reasonable question. You didn't give much background, which makes it difficult to tell where you're at. Also, if you have to preface something with "no offense" it's usually going to be offensive, and offensive comments are better left unsaid - especially since we're using a forum (no tone of voice makes it difficult to tell your intent) and you're asking others for help. :)

Qong said:
Is the Gay comment really necessary?

Interesting as he flamed himself.... Maybe he's just really happy, hence the comment and poor wording :santa:

Seriously, lets get back on track and just try to help this bloke out.

Back