• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

modifly a maze4 gpu to 6800?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't give you drawings or pictures, but I can suggest another course of action. Get 1/8" brass plate (or thicker) that's about 3" square. Drill in appropriate mounting holes to match up to the 4 main holes in a 6800 card, drill two main holes over the inlet/outlet areas, then solder in two 1/2" ID copper 90 degree elbows. You now have a 6800 gpu block that flows even better now.

HiProfile, im not quite sure what your trying to make there? a brass top to replace the aluminum top of the Maze4 GPU?

Heres some picutres of my modified Maze4 GPU to fit on a 6800 GT. all you have to do is drill an extra hole next to one of the nvidias mounting hoels on the GPU block.
3.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

I should have had the waterblock next week, RoD sold it to me for $30 including shipping, but so farit is missing in action. I'm giving him the benifit of doubt, since he hasn't posted since his last PM to me. I think even for free shipping, it should arive within 7-10 days after he said he shipped, despite the fact that he waited a whole week after recieving payment to put it in the mail...

Anyways, I was planning on ditching the lucite top (it was a cpu block) and fabbing a brass top with copper elbows sticking out, since the outlets on both the cpu and gpu block would not make tube routing easy for me. I'll probably just buy a new block for $40 and get some tygon and sell the block that I purchased from RoD...assuming he's actually sent it. I waited an entire week longer than planned for parts I needed for 3 projects, and so far 1 hasn't arrived and one was DOA. :bang head

I'm avoiding the silver prop mainly because of price and the way the fittings are. You'll understand if I ever finish this darned case - the MCP650 pump is in the rear, the rad on the bottom in front of the pump, and there's not much room for shifting changing their places.

would anyone be interested in making a top? arcyrlic, copper, or brass would be cool.

Last edited:
Back