• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

buying p4c800e deluxe...oc info plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

regisdog

hi there, i'm new to here, and would like some suggestions on ocing my system.

here's what i have
p4 northwood 3.0ghz/800fsb
4x256mb dual channel matched pairs of ocz platinum pc3200 ram
1 seagate barracuda 120gb sata
1 maxtor diamondmax 9 ultra133 ide hdd
audigy 2 platinum
ati built 9800xt
air cooled aliminum case with 8 case fans, including vantec tornado on side window blowing onto video card.

2 vantec hdd coolers
550 watt psu
lg 4120b 12x dvd all format burner
benq 5232w cd/rw

here's my question.....what should i expect to acheive with stability as far as overclocking is concerned? what could i expect for fsb? etc.

what would be my ideal settings?

and last question, and i appologize if it sounds stupid....but i am new to raid, and have really no idea how to set it up. but can i set my one sata drive to config 0 stripe with my ide hdd? or do i have to have either 2 of satas or 2 of ides?

thanks in advance:)

regisdog said:
here's my question.....what should i expect to acheive with stability as far as overclocking is concerned? what could i expect for fsb? etc.

what would be my ideal settings?
you shouldn't expect anything, then you'll find yourself plesantly surprised when you get those extra mhz out of your system. :) honestly though, somewhere between .2 and .8 ghz, depending on you're luck. you're ideal settings will probably be different from anyone elses on here... just take your time and read these forums as much as you can, they'll lead you in the right direction.
regisdog said:
and last question, and i appologize if it sounds stupid....but i am new to raid, and have really no idea how to set it up. but can i set my one sata drive to config 0 stripe with my ide hdd? or do i have to have either 2 of satas or 2 of ides?
they need to be of the same interface, ie 2xsata or 2xide. they must also be the same size(for hardware raid) and preferbly same maker.

lastly...

Welcome to the Forums!

Back