• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choseing WB for Amd Opteron processor.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Msi.

Hello,

Recently Ive been looking for Amd Opteron waterblocks, I was told that operton are about the same socket size at intel xeons so I did a little search. Danger den offers some in copper and silver, as well as a few other companys like swiftech.

can anyone recommend me a good wb block? I dont mind noise or anything (not like there will be a lot anways) since Ive gotten used to my volcano 9 on my air cooled pc (wich I have to change).

anything would be appreciated.

The Swiftech 6000 and 60002s are good blocks for the money. They're also cheaper and perform better than Danger Den's if you want to go water.

I second the swiftech mcw6000 or mcw6002. Both are great, and the -PX version is designed for Xenon's. Dunno if it would fit on an opteron, but im sure you can either make it fit, or figure out if it will by looking at dimensions. Plus, at only $40 they are a great deal.

Thanks Guys/Girls I am going to start building the case soon or at least the water cooling kit. Befor I start I was going to make card board design and see how it all fits together befor I go out and start spending :)

edit

I just noticed that swiftech offers water blocks with pelts :)

- Swiftech MCW4000 Dual Waterblock and Dual 226W Pelt

just noticed although For the moment were till looking,(my wallet is screaming)

Last edited:
Back