• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5AD2 Premium Internet connection problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wiggins

Registered
The P5AD2 Premium is running two onboard Marvell Yukon PCI express ethernet connections. The problem is, after about 45 minutes or so, like clockwork, the connection dies and I have to reboot to get it back. It's not the service provider as I have another computer that runs regular ethernet cards and does not quit out it's connection. Any ideas?

Wiggins said:
The P5AD2 Premium is running two onboard Marvell Yukon PCI express ethernet connections. The problem is, after about 45 minutes or so, like clockwork, the connection dies and I have to reboot to get it back. It's not the service provider as I have another computer that runs regular ethernet cards and does not quit out it's connection. Any ideas?

Does it just die, no error messages of any kind? also do You know if you have error logging turned on with the cards?

It just dies...I don't believe I have an error logging report on... I do know that it just simply stops working. I reboot and it works again...I was playing battlefield vietnam and it went fairly long this time before it disconnected...

For general information purposes, I'm running a 3.4E 775 @ 4.0/ ram from 533 to 629 (aprox.). Maxtor diamond max 10 16 meg cache 300 gig.

Pc mark 2002 score

cpu: 8341

memory: 12848

HD: 1740

the total score is 3,000 (combined) points higher than the dual opteron 2.2@ 2.4 I was running at one time...

The problem was pilot error. I accidentally left the internet connected when I re-installed windows xp pro. A virus got embeded (apparently it does this within six minutes of installation when connected to the internet) underneath the operating system and the "virus dedecting software" could not dedect it. I simply removed the internet cable, re-installed windows. Installed the chipset and ethernet drivers. Turned on the firewall and did all the windows updates. Works fine now...

The only problem is, in troubleshooting my computer and removing and replacing parts, I now have to re-activate windows...that's a pain...but it can be done...

Back