• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP solid foam!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenocide

so i just threw this together tonight, and im using a mixture of 10% zerex 90% distilled, and there is freaking solid foam at the top of my tline, and i can't really tell how much of it there is in the lines. i tryed dying the water green in the jug but it only went red :temper:

what should i do about this, right now i have the pump off to try and let the foam go away!!

wc.jpg

i forgot to add, i tried adding some regular drinking water, maybe about 1/4-1/3 cup to try and kill the foam and it did nothing

well I got the foam to! Its becuase there is a lot of air in your water. I would pour the foam into a cup and then our in fresh coolant. But it might be a good idea to dry to get some more of the bubbles out.

hmm i put a funnel on the end of the T line and poured so much mixture in all the foam in the tline overflowed into the bowl i was holding, and i think most of the foam is out of the system.

my water is just that uber leet pink color

I say flush the b**** and then rinse it through with distilled again and refill using only 5% zerex since you got no alu anyways.
Maybe that'll keep the foam to aminimum.

OR

just bleed the system without any additive,(kep track of how much water you use though) then once its fully bled, 5% of your total water out and add some zerex then.
(i am aware of teh fact that draining will mean bleeding the lost water worth of air out again...but it will be MUCH less)

SenC.

Xenocide said:
eh i hope so..

but my water looks like crap

ok so your right there.. but for me.. i added to much dye.. and uv lights dont even do anything any more..its more black then blue lol..o well.. guess 2 much of anything is bad...

heat.. time.. homework..

wait a sec.. mhz are always good to have.. wait tho.. time+overclocking=^mhz=more heat.. drat i lost again...

ChuckS said:
Yoo Hoo as a coolant????

Geez, everyone knows that Ovaltine has a better c/w ratio AND more vitamins ;)

On a sidenote on the UV reactive additives....a few drops is normally all you need. Make sure to check their suggested ratios and start low. There will come a point where adding more actually begins to minimize the effects of the UV additive.

The foam is totally normal, caused by the additives. Let the setup run for a few hours, it will dissipate on it's own and is nothing to be alarmed about.

Back