• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1A cooling rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gregs45s

Registered
Hey I was reading about the 1A cooling they did the report on for the website, and was curious if anyone else has tried it or thoughts on it?

Probably not. It's all German stuff, which is generally extremely expensive and not that great performancewise. This stuff actually looks good but is still exorbitantly priced. Blame it on the weak US dollar, whatever, European stuff has always been very expensive.

Sure it's better than the rest of the kits but it's still not better than a (properly configured) DIY setup.

I thought that it was a fairly good kit. A good selection of purposefully selected and assembled components highlighting close to the top-end of what the "Germanic" low-flow phenomenon is all about, although the noise of the fairly powerful fans, and the use of the Eheim 1048, rather than the Eheim 1046, points to a bit of a "performance oriented" optimisation away from the truly quiet and low-flow setup that is often expounded by the silence focused crew that occasionally post here.

The only gripe I had was with the use of 30kgs of mounting pressure against the test CPU die, which is over 4x the recommended AMD mounting pressure, and can certainly give some pretty nice results if you clamp things that tightly.

Last edited:
Wow, that's a lot of pressure. Shouldn't you have to worry about ripping off the socket mount nubs with that much pressure, not to mention cracking the core?

feyd83 said:
Wow, that's a lot of pressure. Shouldn't you have to worry about ripping off the socket mount nubs with that much pressure, not to mention cracking the core?

yeah holy nuts, 66+ lbs??? Isnt the P4 mounting like 20lbs? And I think thats way overkill.

I thought the 1A cooling kits were really nice. The dual 120mm radiator setup was simple and clean looking.

Too bad they dont already have resellers in the US though =\ Would be nice to be able to recommend those to everyone who just wants to buy a prebuilt kit.

feyd83 said:

I don't think you have to set it to 30kg, that's just what Overclockers did when testing it. I wouldn't use that much pressure with the Socket A clips. You might be alright with a board that can use mounting holes for it.

Back