• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Misaligned Danger Den TDX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zetto

Hey guys, if anyone owns DD TDX waterblock, I wonder if you noticed that the base is slightly misaligned and kinda shifted relative to the top. I got a block and it's severely misaligned, by 2-3 mm or about .05" What I am afraid that it's gonna leak or just not sit straight on my core. Does anyone else operate a misaligned TDX waterblock or none of you have any issues with the base-top alignment in that block? thx!

Here are the pix:

TDX1.jpg

TDX2.jpg

TDX3.jpg

Basically, the central inlet is off the center of the copper base by a sizeable margin. The top is shifted in both planes, but much more on pic 1.

Email them with those pics and have them send you a new one and send that one back. That is not acceptable. Thats just my opinion.

-Alex-

i just got a new top for mine, and mines exactly the same way.

im leak testing right now, been doing it for almost 3 hours no signs of leaks what so ever

invisible hand said:
Mine is exactly like that.... and I've had no problems. Their machine must be poorly calibrated. And I agree it shouldn't be like that

Doesn't it bother you? the copper base will not mount correctly, it will not center over the CPU core as it is designed to do. At a minimum, this block will not perform to its full ability due to the misalignment.

Zetto said:
Doesn't it bother you? the copper base will not mount correctly, it will not center over the CPU core as it is designed to do. At a minimum, this block will not perform to its full ability due to the misalignment.

I doubt that there will be much difference in the way the base contacts the cpu, remember it already overshoots the cpu, as its not designed to fit perfectly and exactly over the chip. Since it overlaps, I don't see how 1-2mm would conduct more or less heat.

And yes it bothers me, but only beacause I paid $$$ a lot of money for a poorly machined block. Heck, I can make one better on my buddies CNC routing machine and I don't know much about programing in auto cad.

If your worried about how it will perform then just look at the cooling numbers in my sig. I'd say they the block is performing very well, in fact those numbers were taken in July when it was stinkin hot out.

If you want to send it back for a block that is better machined then you have every right, but I think you'll just be wasting your time and effort.

If you send them a email, can you post the response here, I'd like to hear their explaination for the misaligment.

Rokk from DD got back to me, advises to send it back. Uhm, if it's manufacturer's defect, they are supposed to cover the shipping back too :( Nevermind, I am just whining. I got to send another cooler (Silencer NV5) for an exchange too due to a screwed up copper base (what a coincidence :D ) So there goes another $20 down the drain just because manufacturers can't deliver what they promise :bang head

Zetto said:

I have the TDX and now that you have said something i see that it is like that but it is not a big deal if you do the Geometic of the block and alignment to the socket you have to not worry about it, it work just fine will not make it not sit flush and flat to your CPU. i have had mine for 4 months now and then bought a new system to go to college with so i have a TDX just sitting around doin nothing.. ow yeah no leaks in that 4 months and prescott 3.0E running at 80*f at 3.8Gzzaherz

Back