• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

865PE Neo 2 Platinum

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

confuzzedintel

Registered
Hi i got this board about 1 1/2 weeks go and all i can say is GREAT BOARD!!!!! i love this thing it is rock stable and a great overclocker i got my 2.0a at 3.4GHz prime stable my question is can i change the cpu/ram divider because my FSB is at 170 but its running my ram at 225x2 i would like to have it lower thin that because i dont know how well my ram will last at this rate all help is appreciated thanks.

If you go into BIOS, you'll see a setting called Memory Frequency or something similiar. At default settings, it's set to AUTO. I can't remember what settings a 100FSB chip has anymore.... could you list them off for me?
They should be something like 266, 333, 400, AUTO and I don't know if you'll have anything above that.

At any rate, to lower your memory speed, set the frequency to 400 and see if it lowers your memory to the speed that you want. If not, lower it to 333 and see if that lowers it enough. I've never had to go below 333 to get to the speed that I want my memory to run at.

It is a great board though, it had my 1.8A at 3.2 w/ 1.6V totally stable... what cooling do you have on your cpu right now?

Hope this helps a little :)

Right now I'm using stock cooling lapped and it is 266,333,400,and up thanks for your help I'm going to go see what i can do.

What Ram do you have ?? PC2100,pc2700 , pc 3200 ???

Because you have a 100 mzh FSB the board is actually " overclocking" the memory by using a 4:5 divider ( I think this is the divider , its to late for me to do the math, which is ok as long as it is stable)

i would like to have it lower thin that because i dont know how well my ram will last at this rate all help is appreciated thanks.

Is it running stable ? if so leave it alone as I have not heard of any problems caused by running the memory overclocked

Have you raised the memory voltage to 2.7 or 2.8 ( set it to the lowest setting that the system runs stable

Dave

Back